As our Corvette season begins to wind down, Gate City took to the roads for a great back roads cruise up through New Hampshire into Vermont to visit the Vermont Country Store. The roads selected were a bunch of great, lesser traveled routes without a lot of traffic, and some really nice colors in the trees to appreciate as we travelled. After a stop at the Country Store where much shopping was done (from soup mixes to crazy straws), we got back in the cars and continued our cruise over to Papagallos in Keene, NH for a group dinner. Thanks to Brent & Norm for organizing a great cruise for us!
On Saturday the first of May, Gate City Corvette Club kicked off the season by taking a tour of New Hampshire’s historic covered bridges. Our cruise took us through Goffstown, Dunbarton, Hopkinton, Warner and Henniker where we enjoyed lunch overlooking the Contoocook River.
The bridges visited during this trip were:
- Rowell’s Covered Bridge, Hopkinton, NH – 1953
- Contoocook Railroad Covered Bridge, Contoocook, NH – 1849
- Waterloo Covered Bridge, Warner, NH – 1860
- Dalton Covered Bridge, Warner, NH – 1853
- Henniker Bridge, Henniker, NH – 1972 ( built by father and son
Celebrating a long time member of Gate City Corvette Club!